The following article provides an overview on how to join a live virtual webinar and what to expect during a session. For information on how to register for events, click here.
How do I join a Live Virtual Webinar?
To attend a live virtual webinar, you will first need to locate the event on TPN.health in the Free Education Library, found under the CE Events tab on the menu bar. Once you have registered for the event, you will receive a confirmation email, and it will appear on your My Events page.
To reach your My Events page, go to the CE Wallet option on the top menu bar of your TPN.health page. In the dropdown menu, select My Events.
This will take you to a page listing all of your upcoming and past registered events. Under Upcoming
Events locate the event you registered for and click Access Now.
Clicking Access Now will take you to the Event Details page. To join the session, click the Join Now button next to the event session title. Doing so will open your Zoom application and take you directly into the event.
We encourage attendees to join a session early in the event they encounter any technical issues, but the webinar will not officially start till the event time. If you join early, you will receive a message indicating the host is waiting to begin the webinar. At the start-time, you will automatically be admitted into the webinar.
NOTE: If your internet connection is disrupted, or your device loses power, you may rejoin the webinar at any moment by following the aforementioned steps.
For information on how to download the zoom desktop client and mobile app, please view this article.
What to Expect During a Live Interactive Webinar
Our live webinars take place on Zoom. While in the session, your camera and microphone will automatically be turned off, and you will not have the option to turn it on. Attendees may use the chat box and Q&A box to direct questions and comments to the presenter. We ask that you keep comments and questions ethical and respectful.
If you have any technical questions or issues, please put them in the chat box and the moderator will provide assistance.
For more information on what to expect during a live virtual webinar on Zoom, please click here.
- All individuals must attend all continuing education (CE) events in their entirety in order to receive CE credit.
- All individuals must be registered for CE events under their own name within their own TPN.health account.
- All individuals must be logged into Zoom under their own name. Viewing a CE event as a group, under one Zoom account, is not permitted.
- TPN.health tracks the attendance of every virtual CE event automatically.
- The times at which each attendee enters the meeting/webinar are automatically logged in an attendance report, effectively serving as a sign-in/sign-out sheet.
- After the conclusion of each event, the TPN.health support staff will compare the time in attendance logged for each attendee to the actual time of the event. Course evaluations will be sent only to those individuals whose attendance time meets or exceeds the actual event time.
- Attendees who dial into CE events must send the last 4 digits of their phone number to email@example.com so their attendance may be verified.
- Attendees are encouraged to join all registered sessions as early as possible; TPN.health recommends 10-15 minutes to ensure that attendees are comfortable with using the virtual platform and that all software is loaded correctly. This practice will also reduce any doubt on attendance duration.
- Attendees are recommended to take great care when entering their email address. The email address is each attendee's unique identifier, effectively serving as a digital signature.
- Attendees should be aware when joining a virtual CE event that if they are not prompted to enter their name by Zoom as they log on, it is likely a result of automatic login credentials saved in the Zoom app. In such cases, attendees are strongly encouraged to verify the credentials saved in the app so that identity can be confirmed if attendance is ever in doubt.
In summary, to access an event:
- Login to your TPN.health account
- Hover over "CE Wallet" in the top navigation, then click on My Events
- When on My Events page, click the "Access Event" button by the event
- This will bring you to the event Main Hall page
- Click the "Join Now" button
After the conclusion of a webinar, a link to an evaluation will be sent to the email address on file with your TPN.health account, given the session time criteria is met. You must complete the evaluation in order to receive CE credit. For more information, please refer to How Do I Earn CE Credit? and CE Wallet: Accessing your Evaluation.
If you have any questions or concerns that remain unaddressed, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.