The following article highlights the policies and procedures for earning continuing education (CE) credit for Live Interactive Webinars.
For more information related to CE credits for On Demand Education and Conferences, please refer to On Demand Education Overview and Conference Overview help articles.
Step 1: Register for an Event
First, locate an event you wish to attend and register. For more detailed information on the registration process, please visit Types of TPN.health Events and How to Register.
If you have inputted a valid State issued license, you can visit the CE Tracker to view the CE category breakdowns for your specific license type to help you select an event that fulfills your criteria
Step 2: Attend the Webinar
- Login to your TPN.health account
- Hover over "CE Wallet" in the top navigation, then click on My Events
- When on My Events page, click the "Access Event" button by the event
- This will bring you to the event Main Hall page on TPN.health
- Click the "Join Now" button to open Zoom
- All individuals must attend all continuing education (CE) events in their entirety in order to receive CE credit.
- All individuals must be registered for CE events under their own name within their own TPN.health account.
- All individuals must be logged into Zoom under their own name. Viewing a CE event as a group, under one Zoom account, is not permitted.
- TPN.health tracks the attendance of every virtual CE event automatically.
- The times at which each attendee enters the meeting/webinar are automatically logged in an attendance report, effectively serving as a sign-in/sign-out sheet.
- After the conclusion of each event, TPN.health clinical staff will compare the time in attendance logged for each attendee to the actual time of the event. Course evaluations will be sent only to those individuals whose attendance time meets or exceeds the actual event time.
- Attendees who dial into CE events must send the last 4 digits of their phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org so their attendance may be verified.
Step 3: Complete the Evaluation
In order to receive CE credit, you must complete the post-session evaluation. Refer to the help article, Accessing Your Evaluations for more information.
- Given you met the requirements, a link to the evaluation will be sent to the email on file with your TPN.health account within 24 hours after a session ends. This link will take you directly to the Evaluations page, which you can also find in the CE Wallet dropdown, shown in the gif below.
Complete the evaluation and enter your name exactly how you would like it to appear on your certificate. Input the email associated with your TPN.health account on the evaluation form to ensure your certificate automatically populates in the CE Tracker and Certificates page.
- You will have the option to assign your CE to a category to your license on the evaluation form. You can later edit this in the CE Tracker.
Step 4: View and Assign your Certificate
After you submit the evaluation, your certificate will appear in the Certificates page and the CE Tracker, both located in the CE Wallet dropdown.
From the CE Tracker, shown in the photo below, you can assign credits to your license requirements if you have not already done so on the evaluation form. On the Certificates page, you will have the option to download and print a copy of your certificate. For more instructions on assigning, editing, and printing CE's, visit CE Wallet: Manage your License.
Missing your Evaluation and/or Certificate?
If you attended a live session, and the evaluation and/or certificate is not appearing, the following list may provide clarity:
- You did not remain in the session for the entirety of the event. Please note, TPN.health does not issue partial credit.
- You dialed into the session. In this case, please reach out to Support@tpn.health and provide the last 4 digits of your phone number so we can issue you an evaluation.
- You attended the event under someone else's Zoom Account.
- You have not submitted the evaluation. A certificate will not be issued until the evaluation is sent. Visit Evaluations in the CE Wallet to complete pending evaluations.
If you believe an evaluation and/or certificate should have been issued and you haven't received it within 24 hours after a session concludes, please contact Support@tpn.health and provide the name of the event.
To achieve and maintain the standards of quality established by behavioral health professional associations, TPN.health will hold itself to the highest standards applicable. As such, TPN.health will uphold high standards regarding attendance of virtual continuing education events hosted on its platform. It is therefore the policy of TPN.health to require no less than full attendance for each virtual event it hosts, as per the following parameters:
- TPN.health requires all continuing education (CE) events it hosts to hold minimum duration of 60 minutes.
- TPN.health will not issue credit for more than originally advertised for each event.
- TPN.health will not issue partial credit.
- Time designated for breaks cannot be counted toward CE credit.
- There may be events that do not meet the standards of an accrediting association, and therefore cannot be assumed to be acceptable by the associated profession.
- TPN.health will approve CE events if they meet the approval standards of the various accrediting bodies. TPN.health cannot guarantee that any CE event will be accepted for renewal by any given licensing board. TPN.health always recommends that users be familiar with the renewal rules of their licensing board(s) and consult with said board(s) with questions on allowable CE credit.
Promotion of CE Events
TPN.health will make it clear in all advertising and promotional materials for virtual events whether an event does or does not meet standards for approval by a particular association.